agroNEt solution has been nominated as one of the finalists of „Digital Excellence in Agriculture: ITU-FAO Regional Contest in Europe and Central Asia”.
The contest aims to identify, showcase and celebrate good practices and innovative solutions that have proven successful in advancing the digital transformation of agriculture in the regions.
Over 170 solutions have met the criteria to enter the Digital Excellence in Agriculture contest. As a result of the evaluation process, 28 practices were nominated as finalists to compete for the final part of the contest. The announcement was held during the ITU-FAO “Stocktaking Report: Digital Excellence in Agriculture – Good practices in the field of digital agriculture” Launching Event.
The evaluation committee identified 21 outstanding practices (three per category) which will compete for the Special Recognition of Digital Excellence in Agriculture. Additionally, the evaluation committee selected 7 champions (one per category) coming from the 18 countries of the ITU-FAO review on the Status of Digital Agriculture in Europe and Central Asia.
The finalists were identified in the following 7 categories:
- Regulatory frameworks / Enhanced market access / Financial services and insurance
- Capacity development and empowerment
- Agriculture innovations systems and sustainable farming – Farm automation, robots, drones
- Agriculture innovations systems and sustainable farming – Specific solutions
- Agriculture innovations systems and sustainable farming – Connected farm management systems
- Disaster risk management and early warning systems
- Food loss and waste / Food safety and traceability
The 28 finalists will receive the opportunity to present their innovations and outstanding achievements at the “Digital Excellence in Agriculture” online awarding ceremony, taking place on 23 September 2021 within the context of the ITU Regional Innovation Forum for Europe.
Read more at the ITU website.